If you know anything about me, you know I love a good happy hour, I’m constantly looking for new delicious early bird specials around town for those of us with little humans that go to bed at 7pm or who simply prefer to to dine between 4-6PM. I happen to fall into both categories so happy hour is my BFF. When I heard that Eddie V’s was rolling out a new happy hour menu, I knew it would be incredible and after a recent date night out with the hubby, I was right. We headed for the Scottsdale Quarter location ready to tackle the Eddie V’s seafood heavy happy hour. I’m a sucker for fresh oysters, no pun intended.
In an effort to not over indulge we settled on 9 courses as to not enter the double digit territory-that would just be ludicrous! – Here’s the scoop…
- Tuna Tartare- This dish was almost too pretty to eat. The itty bitty diced fresh tuna is so fresh and buttery. The chef blends the tiny diced fish with sesame and and curry oils and combines chunks of avocado and grapefruit for the perfect flavor combination in every bite.
- Lobster and Crab Won Tons- These little gems are ideal if you want something crunchy to balance out the slippery oysters and tuna! We loved the red pepper jelly dipping sauce on the side.
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cake- when they say JUMBO they mean it. Pure crab with a spicy creamy remoulade sauce make this item a MUST order and it’s on their new happy hour menu. Perhaps the best crab cake I’ve ever had. SCORE!
- Carpetbagger Oysters- ok, maybe my favorite thing we ate all night. Just imagine: a perfectly fried oyster sitting on top of a seared piece of tenderloin sprinkled with blue cheese and served on a heaping plate of sea salt. Are you drooling yet?
- Fresh West Coast Oysters.- West coast best coast. That’s all. Fresh and perfectly slimy, just the way I like them. The toppings are delicious and you can customize the sauce to fit your taste. I mixed the cocktail sauce with a hint of horseradish and a touch of spiced vinegar.
- Oysters Rockafeller- fried to perfection and topped with an artichoke dip type of creamy sauce. Amaze. We nearly ordered more of these they are THAT good. This dish is perfect if you don’t care for the raw version and want to take baby steps when it comes to eating oysters.
- Butter Poached lobster mashed potatoes- ok, so technically this is a side dish but the huge amount of perfectly poached lobster and lobster bisque like sauce piled on a fluffy cloud of whipped potatoes could easily be a main dish- we paired this with a salad which was the ideal way to balance out the richness.
- Warm Goat Cheese Mushroom Salad- You had me at mushrooms and goat cheese. The arugula and champagne vinaigrette are just the icing on the cake, or the dressing on the salad in this case.
- Banana Foster Butter Cake- Hope you wore your stretchy pants! Hey, why not go out on a bang. Literally, this dessert is set on fire table side. I’m fairly certain there are a few calories in this dessert but other than that, it’s pretty much the very best way to end a lovely meal at Eddie V’s.
I’m a huge fan of Eddie V’s and I’m so excited to spread the love about their brand new happy hour menu. The live music in the lounge creates a lively backdrop for a date night or girls night out. Bring your appetite and get ready to enjoy some of the freshest seafood in the desert.
Tip: Order the 24 Karat Cocktail rimmed with gold sugar and sit near the piano after 6:00, he takes requests!
Check out the happy hour menu HERE