A Quick link to my FAVORITE Christmas Eve chicken pot pie recipe.
(courtesy of Williams-Sonoma)
- Make it ahead- it freezes well.
- I skip the “making pastry” part and use frozen pie crust and no one ever complains. (but then again, I never tell them!)
- You can add/remove veggies you like/dislike (I LOVE To add sweet potatoes or butternut squash. The hubby likes me to omit peas, etc.)
- Use a Rotisserie chicken from the store to save some time.
- I use white wine instead of Sherry. (A good excuse to open a bottle of wine and drink the excess while cooking)
- These are great made in individual pie pans or in a large casserole dish.
- It is pretty much the perfect food for a cold winter night paired with a simple salad and hot apple cider. Voila!