A quick post today sharing one of my favorite recipes for toddlers (and adults!) This bread is awesome and it’s a fabulous way to sneak in tons of fruits and fiber into little bellies. Enjoy! (Thank you Allison for the recipe!)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I used half white / half brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (of course I used vanilla bean paste!)
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (i used a bag of frozen strawberries, raspberries and blueberries deforsted)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 3. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add the egg, bananas, milk and vanilla and mix to combine well.
- 5. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the berries.
- 6. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
- To freeze: Wrap the bread and then place in a labeled zipper bag for up to 3 months