A short and sweet blog entry featuring a short and sweet festive dessert! I LOVE this time of year and there’s nothing better than baking pumpkin goodies in the Fall. These Mini Pumpkin Pie Bundt cakes are chewy, creamy, and resemble pumpkin pie filling once you bite into them. They aren’t too sweet, even with the addition of my ALL TIME FAVORITE secret baking ingredient….Madagascar vanilla bean paste! (Available at Sweet Basil on Shea/Scottsdale Rd.) Honestly, I add this to everything I bake whether the recipe calls for vanilla or not and it takes the flavor of baked goods to a new level. If you don’t have a mini bundt pan, you can use muffin tins to make these more cupcake like. If you’re in a hurry buy a can of real whipped cream, but if you have time to make your own, add a little bit of that vanilla paste I mentioned earlier to some heavy whipping cream and a touch of sugar and beat the heck out of the sweet cream until it looks like fluffy clouds. Your butt and thighs might not thank me, but your taste buds will!
(recipe below pics!)
Irresistible Pumpkin Pie Mini Bundt Cakes
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (OR VANILLA BEAN PASTE!)
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with liners or coat a mini bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract (OR VANILLA BEAN PASTE!) , and milk in a large bowl. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixture and stir until all ingredients incorporated.
- Fill each cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top.
Makes 12 cupcakes/mini bundt cakes